CAN's finance and accounting programs are designed to to measurably improve the accuracy, consistency and clarity of financial reporting, thus reducing time and financial costs and improving accountability and public trust in California's nonprofit sector.

Another goal of this program is to promote a dialog and create a community of nonprofit finance professionals so please post questions and comments!

Monday, January 14, 2008

Boot Camp Blog in '08

CAN and I will continue to bring you financial and accounting related tidbits in 2008 but I am still catching up after a long Holiday break. There will be a lot to talk about this year what with:

  • The new 990 - I have read through the new form and read other comments on the updated form and I will be giving my two cents in the coming days
  • The 990 N - It is now in effect.
  • Accountability - and all the assorted efforts of Feds and States to regulate our sector.
Finally I wanted to pass on this really interesting story from the Nonprofit Quarterly in case you have not run across it yet. Maybe businesses will need to be more nonprofit like? Huh? Who's with me? I guess we will have to see.

No comments: